This table set has come out of no where for us. We did the original table set for a friend that had an idea and asked us to design something. We started off with the typical X base table. Then we decided to frame the X to change things up and to do matching chairs and bench. The bench and table were no problem once a design was completed, the chairs are a big first for use. We had never taken on chairs and had a few ideas but were not sure of what to do.
After trial and error for the chairs, we came up with a plan. The chairs can be seen on the header on the home page. Once everything was completed and in its new home, the orders started rolling in. This simple table concept quickly became our most ordered piece and started taking the place of custom orders. Clients wanted this table instead of taking the chance to design their own table. In one year we have done 5 of these tables now and two more to be done. By the third order we changed the chair designed the chair to focus on comfort a little more. We did this by angling the back legs.
This post wasn't made to high light the building process as much as it was to highlight a lesson learned. That lesson is how good things happen no matter what you do as long as you try. The original build I was not to sure how the set was going to turn out, or if we would even be able to do the chairs. We took the hits doing the trial and error and it seemed to pay off. The other life lesson was that no matter how many times you do something, if you don't pay attention to what your doing you can mess up. The third table was meant to have a tradition bread board. I guess i was not thinking and how go glue on both sides of the tongue bread board. The build was during the change of summer to winter. The table split itself down the middle, which is fine because the repair came out better than the original.